Chrome extensions help improve your online experience and allow you to do a lot more things. They add capabilities and ensure that you have a great time. It is hard to imagine a life without Chrome extensions. They allow you to get more done with minimal effort. However, there will come times when you experience issues.
One of the most-searched questions on the internet is if it is possible to restart Chrome extensions without having to restart Chrome. Now, when you encounter any issues with extensions in Google Chrome on Linux, Windows, or Mac, chances are that you want to simply restart the extensions without closing Chrome to ensure that all the tabs remain open.
The fact is that it is quite common for extensions to act up. They can leave your browser slow and prevent you from having the best online browsing experience. A crash or memory leak is likely. It would result in the browser not working anymore. In such a case, you are likely to be tempted to restart the extension to get rid of the bugs temporarily. Fortunately, it is not necessary to restart Chrome to restart the extensions. This means that you do not have to worry about losing all the tabs and windows.
Steps to Restart Chrome Extensions without Having to Restart Chrome
The following steps cover what you need to do to get the job done.
- The first thing that you need to do is open Google Chrome.
- Next, you have to select the “Extensions” icon in any of the window. It is located in the toolbar.
- Otherwise, you can simply click on the three dots on Chrome to open the menu.
- Then, you will have to select More Tools followed by Extensions.
- Now, you just have to click on “Manage Extensions” from the menu.
- As the “Extension” tab opens, you will come across options for each extension that you have installed.
- Scroll through the different extensions to find the one that you want to restart.
- Once you have found the desired extension, you just have to switch it off.
- Then, you have to turn the extension back own by clicking on it again.
- That is about it. The extension would be reloaded and active once again.
If you have any issues with an extension, you can rely on the above steps to ensure happy browsing.
After you have finished reading the post, you will know how to restart Chrome extensions without having to restart Chrome. It is important that you bookmark our post so that you can return if you forget how to restart Chrome extensions. You will be glad to know that we have shared only the easiest steps so that you are able to restart the extensions without any trouble. The fact is that restarting the extensions is a lot easier than you think. As you can open the extensions option from any webpage, you will be able to change the settings quickly.