Having too many bookmarks on Google Chrome can cause a great deal of anxiety. This is why it is important that you declutter them from time to time. Otherwise, you would struggle to get things done.
If you have lots of unused bookmarked websites slowing down the speed of your browser and preventing you from finding the bookmarks that you actually, you have come to the right place. This post takes a close look at how you can get rid of bookmarks on Google Chrome. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive right in.
How You Can Delete Individual Bookmarks?
Removing a single bookmark is quite straightforward. All you have to do is select that bookmark from the bookmarks list and delete it. Here is how you can delete individual bookmarks on a mobile device and a computer.
- Tap the three dots menu after you open Google Chrome on your Android phone, iPhone, or iPad.
- Then, you must choose Bookmarks and tap the folder where you want to delete the bookmark. The folder would store all of your bookmarks.
- To get rid of a bookmark, you must select the three dots menu and tap Delete.
- That is about it.
- Firstly, you must locate the bookmark that you need to delete from the bookmarks bar.
- In case you cannot find the bookmarks bar, you can click on the three dots menu and select Bookmarks > See Bookmarks Bar.
- Click on the bookmark which you need to delete and select Delete.
- Since Chrome does not show a prompt when you delete a bookmark, you have to ensure that you need the bookmark deleted.
How You Can Delete Multiple Bookmarks?
Now, if you want to get rid of more than just one bookmark, you can take advantage of Bookmarks menu on your smartphone and Bookmark Manager for Desktop. It might be a good idea to export the bookmarks to create a backup.
- Tap on the three dots menu and choose Bookmark when you open Chrome on your Android phone, iPhone, or iPad.
- Choose the folder which stores the bookmarks that you want to remove.
- Simply tap and press the bookmark that you need to delete. Then, you will just have to select the other bookmarks that you also want to get rid of.
- Once you have selected the bookmarks that you do not need, you can tap the trash icon.
- Click on the three dots menu on the right side and select Bookmarks followed by Bookmark Manager.
- Then, you will come across the Bookmarks page. On the left side, you will come across the bookmarks that have been saved.
- To select the bookmarks that you want to delete, you just have to click on the bookmarks.
- However, if you want to get rid of all the bookmarks, you just have to press Command + A for Mac or Ctrl + A for Windows.
- Lastly, click Delete to remove the bookmarks.
After you have finished reading our post, you will know how to delete bookmarks on Google Chrome and would have an easier time getting things done.